Postdoctoral Fellow Position(s) in Cancer Adoptive Cell Immunotherapy or Bioinformatics
Dr. Lu’s Lab is seeking motivated, hardworking Post-Doctoral Candidate(s) with a background in immunology and/or cancer biology to take projects focused on understanding to chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell or other cancer immunotherapy resistance. Candidates with a background in bioinformatics are also preferred if they are willing to assess responses in cancer immunotherapy utilizing bioinformatics tools. Please submit your application with the following information: a cover letter, statement of research interest, and CV with contact details for 3 references to: Yong Lu, Ph.D. Associate Professor; Houston Methodist Research Institute; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Lu’s Lab is a basic/translational research lab with an interest in cancer adoptive T cell immunotherapy. Dr. Lu is one of the six NCI’s advisors to advise the NCI on future directions of Adoptive Cell Immunotherapy. He is an awardee of the 2021 Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT) Rising Stars program. The lab is now also funded with 4 new R01s and other grants including R00, ACS research scholar grant, and pharmaceutical company-sponsored research.
Recent representative lab publications: Cancer Cell 2022 (PMID: 34678150); Briefings in Bioinformatics 2022 (PMID: 35037026), Nature Biomedical Engineering 2021 (PMID: 34725506); Nature Comm 2019 (PMID: 30914642); Cancer Cell 2018 (PMID: 29894691); Nature Comm 2016 (PMID: 27492902); Nature Comm 2014 (PMID: 24957461); PNAS 2014 (PMID: 24469818); JCI 2012 (PMID: 23064366).
- Recent PhD or MD PhD graduate in cancer, immunology, bioinformatics or related discipline.
- Experience with molecular biology, biochemistry and cell biology, cancer immunology, and cell culture (not required for the candidate in bioinformatics background).
- Independent, highly self-motivated and innovative.
- Proven track record in the field of immunology/tumor immunology and/or oncology, with relevant publications.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong work ethic and organizational skills.
- Ability to excel in a goal-oriented, multifaceted and fast-moving team environment.